Tuesday, May 23, 2006

QBQ, part 2

In the previous post, I said that I would be reviewing "QBQ: The Question Behind the Question" by John G. Miller and this is the first of the series.

I (and I know I am the only person for which this is pertinent) need to be honest with myself. I complain and blame others for my short-comings. I used to be worse, but in all honesty, I still do it. I am always asking questions starting with "Why", "When" and "Who".

Why is my life so difficult?
When will my kids start obeying me?
Who is to blame?

The questions I need to be asking start with the words "How" or "What" and should contain the word "I" followed by an action word.

What can I do to make today better than yesterday?
How can I be a better parent?
What can I do to correct the mistake?

These are hard questions to ask especially during unpleasant circumstances. I find myself struggling with this daily. Ephesians 4:23 speaks of this: Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes. (nlt) Actually, I like the Contemporary English Version: Let the Spirit change your way of thinking...

I am guilty so I am asking myself, "What can I do today to prevent me from asking the wrong questions?" I can let the (Holy) Spirit change my way of thinking.

I challenge you to ask better questions when faced with challenges, today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home