Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The August Proverbs Challenge

I'm still working on my skit as there is a constant din of activity around here. I will let you know as soon as I get it finished.

There are 31 days in the month of August. Coincidentally, there are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs found in the Bible. My challenge to you is to take a few moments to read one chapter a day during the month of August. The chapters are short (2-3 minutes), but powerful in wisdom. It is a good investment of your time.

Some of you who read this may immediately say “I am not a Christian and I have no interest in reading the Bible.” Fair enough-- but, though my beliefs may differ from your beliefs, my challenge to you is one of self-improvement. While the book of Proverbs adamantly proclaims that true wisdom comes from God, it also contains undeniable, universal truths regarding relationships, business and money. Non-Christians can still appreciate the wisdom in this book of the Bible, so I challenge you to lay aside your aversion. (At least read my blog this month. I promise to not get “preachy”.)

BibleGateway.com makes available on-line 50 versions of the Bible in 35 different languages. Just type Proverbs (day) into the passage look up and select a version. I am partial to the New Living Translation and the Contemporary English version to help me understand what the traditional King James Version says. This month, my blog posts will use the Contemporary English version (cev).

I hope you will seize this opportunity for self-improvement whatever your belief system. Thanks for reading. I leave you with Proverbs 1:2 (cev):

Proverbs will teach you wisdom and self-control and how to understand sayings with deep meaning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home