Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Skit Writing Exercise...Learn How To Do It Here!

Writing skits comes naturally to some people. To the rest of us, writing an original skit is a daunting task. I designed a plan of attack for writing skits as outlined in Wanna Bite of Elephant, and over the next few days, I want to give you a glimpse of the technique.

I want to lead an exercise in writing skits. In the end, everyone who has participated will have written an original skit and will be able to duplicate the process for other skits.

Here’s the plan. I will take e-mail suggestions at skit@puppetminister.com on a topic (which is step one) between now and July 14 (2006). (Please put "Exercise" in the subject line.) I will choose a topic from the suggested topics. From there we will write a two person skit using my step-by-step system. Okay, now here’s the catch: I want to post your skit at puppetminister.com for the entire world to use. (It’s not mandatory, but I think it will demonstrate uniqueness of writing styles.)

As you may have figured out, choosing a topic is the first step. (The second step is determining the number of characters, which I have already set at two.) I would like topics that are either associated to a Bible story or verse, or have a Biblical truth associated with them (again I like to tie skits to a verse). This technique works for secular teachings as well, but this is puppetminister.com (with the emphasis being on minister in this case).

There you have it. You have until Friday to e-mail me ideas. If you are looking for inspiration, Christian books or magazines are good. Prayerful study of the Bible works well, too. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home