Monday, August 21, 2006

If you plan and work hard, you will have plenty; if you get in a hurry, you will end up poor. Proverbs 21:5 (cev)
Again, I am reminded of Dave Ramsey and his lessons on budgeting. Before, we routinely paid overdraft charges because we were bouncing checks. Often we didn't know where the next house payment was coming from. Sloppy and stupid, I admit.

Since learning from Dave, we take the time to set out a plan for our money (known as a budget). We have not paid any overdraft charges and the mortgage gets paid on time without worry. As long as we take the time to make a plan and execute it, then there is plenty. It's absolutely amazing.

I know I talk a lot about Dave Ramsey, but really you should check out "The Total Money Makeover" in my recommended reading section. You should be able to read it in an evening or two. It is life changing stuff.
I've been away from my computer this weekend and I am heavily involved in some non-puppet related projects, so here are the verses from Saturday and Sunday. I'm sorry I don't have comments, but if you think of your own experiences or people you know, these two verses are golden. I'll try to add comments as the week allows.
Getting rich quick may turn out to be a curse. Proverbs 20:21 (cev) The key word is "quick".

If you stop learning, you will forget what you already know. Proverbs 19:27 (cev) I am a walking example of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger DEBTective said...

Kid, just wanted to say I'm big-time proud of you for connecting with your cash and sticking to your budget. Dave Ramsey's plan makes tons of sense, doesn't it? Good luck and great job, baby! www.debtective.com

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home