Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ventriloquism Anyone?

I received an e-mail the other day asking for help with some information pertaining to ventriloquism as a ministry. I have an interest in vent and have started learning, however I have not practiced enough to perform. Since the question came up however, I thought I would share a few places on the web to get started. Keep in mind there are hundreds of great vent sites on the web. I list these to introduce you some basic ideas and hopefully inspire you to investigate further.

The text of my response is below:

I've been researching ventriloquism for a few months now and I have a few suggestions. First sign up for the ChristianVents group on yahoo. There are many wonderful ventriloquists that share not only the art of ventriloquism but also the desire to share the gospel of Christ. They are full of helpful tips and are willing to share in all aspects of ministry. The people on
ChristianVents also recommend, bar-none, the
Maher Home Study Course. Maher also has an online newsletter/blog. Steve Axtell has a good site also. He is a frequent poster to ChristianVents.

I read the book "Ventriloquism Made Easy" by Paul Stadelman. It's easy to understand and I thought would be a first step in trying vent out before investing in the Maher Course. I have an Amazon link on my recommended
reading list. (at the bottom of the page)

Another Yahoo group to look at is WorldVents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home