Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Teach your children right from wrong, and when they are grown they will still do right. Proverbs 22:6 (cev)

I am holding on to this verse as a promise and a hope for the future of my children. Unfortunately this works both ways—whether or not my children choose my profession, they will follow in my footsteps. Every time I get angry, I am assured they will get angry at times. Every time I make wise decisions, I am sure that they will make wise decisions in their life. My kids are aware (even if sometimes I hate to admit it) of my actions and they will undoubtedly have similar actions. They will follow where I lead.

Bonus thought:
Notice the very next verse (22:7):

The poor are ruled by the rich, and those who borrow are slaves of moneylenders.

Think about this, I work to make money, but most of my money goes to the bank to pay for stuff I went in debt to acquire. Even though I am not a bank employee, I work for the bank. I add to their bottom line with the interest I pay. They set my payment. They set my interest rate. They have (to an extent) control me. (I wouldn't have to work as long or as hard if I didn't have payments.)

Verses 6 and 7 are both favorites of mine, however I didn't see the relation until Dave Ramsey pointed out their proximity to each other. Maybe we should teach children about this money stuff early so that went they get older they will not be slaves to the bank. Hmmm….
I have two puppets now posted for sale. You've probably seen "Uncle Albert", but check out "Cleo". She's a dual purpose puppet that can be used as either a standard hand/rod puppet or as a soft vent figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home