Monday, November 06, 2006

Using What God Gave You

As I alluded to earlier, I have discovered more insight about my ministry and Christian puppetry in general while reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I would like to cite a passage found in chapter (day) 32 titled Use What God Gave You. Here he, Rick Warren, is elaborating on the SHAPE God gives each of us. (SHAPE is an acronym for spiritual gifts, heart, ability, personality and experience.)

God wants you to enjoy the using the shape He has given you. The Bible says, “Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.” (Gal 6:4 nlt) Satan will try to steal the joy of service from you in a couple of ways: by tempting you to compare your ministry with others and by tempting you to conform your ministry to the expectation of others. Both are deadly traps that will distract you from serving in the ways God intended.

This is not a free pass for sloppy or boring puppetry; however it is encouragement for you to develop your ministry as God leads. It is wrong for me to compare my ministry to others. I should be focused on what I am doing and do my best to glorify God. I see that I've been guilty of comparing, conforming and somewhat envying others ministries.

Believe it or not, I have actually seen other people comparing their ministry to the ministry of other's several times since reading this. Maybe I am just more aware or God chose to point this out at this present moment in time for a reason. As far as my own ministry goes, I don't have a clear focus right now for my team or for puppetminister.com. I pray that God will clarify things and lead me in the direction I should go.

I’ll have more realizations from reading this book that I will share soon. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home