Wednesday, May 31, 2006

QBQ, final thoughts

This will be my last entry about "QBQ: The Question Behind the Question" by John G. Miller . I have received some really great comments and I suggest that you take a moment and read a few. Thanks to everyone.

The closing thought I would like to leave with you is this:


Leadership is more of an attitude than it is a position.

You may be the CEO of a company or the person that empties the trash after everyone goes home, either way, if you are doing instead of complaining, blaming and procrastinating, you are being a leader. When you are exercising self-responsibility and asking “What” and “How” followed by “I”, you automatically become a leader, because leaders (despite what most people think) lead by example. When you are proactively thinking and doing, you inspire those around you to at least question their motives and attitudes. Who knows? You, just by exercising personal responsibility, may inspire someone to greatness. It’s a powerful thing.

Now, I am challenging you (and myself) to embrace the QBQ and incorporate into your character and spread it to those around you. What a different world we would live in if everyone’s first thought is:


“What can I do to improve this situation?”

Thank you for reading my thoughts on QBQ: The Question Behind the Question. John G. Miller has written a wonderful book. I recommend that you and everyone you know read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home