Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Magic of Thinking Big

The first book I read this year was The Magic of Thinking Big. The premise is one of commitment and belief leads to success, therefore think BIG accomplishments and consign yourself to succeed. Do not allow self-made obstacles to stand in your way. Truthfully, I had heard and read similar material by other motivational speakers, but this book brings it all together in one location. Each chapter has summary points that allows one to quickly refresh in ones memory the ideas and methods for achievement.

One of the more potent ideas was the idea of creating a “self-commercial”. I believe Dennis Waitely calls it “positive self-talk” and it’s purpose is to reprogram your thought patterns to ones of confidence until these patterns become who we are. To some, these are age-old ideas. To others, this is but another step in personal growth.

Here is my motivational speech to myself. I have it imprinted on a card inside my wallet and I read it several times daily and I believe it has made an impact on me. (I think anyone could apply this.)

In parting, I want to leave you with the thoughts of one person who knew how to dream big... Mr. Walt Disney.
I dream, I test my dreams against my beliefs, I dare to take risks, and I execute my vision to make those dreams come true.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home